The Women In Engineering Scholarship Program is an initiative of Engineers Australia WIE Sydney
The Women in Engineering Sydney (WIES) Student Scholarship provides recipients the opportunity to act as a student ambassador on the WIE Sydney committee for one year. What will you get out of it?
- You will become the face and contact for WIES in universities.
- Liaise with Engineers Australia (EA) and the WIES executive committee.
- Help promote and retain female engineers within the industry.
- Support fellow female engineering students.
- Gain industry contact and work in collaboration with both government and private engineering companies
Three scholarships are to be awarded, each with a prize of $500.
Who should apply?
- Current second year (or above) female full-time engineering students at a NSW university.
- Undergraduate students only. Postgraduate students are ineligible to apply.
- Must be an enrolled student at a NSW university for all of 2019.
- Must be a student member of Engineers Australia (Student membership is free! Sign up now if you have not done so already)
- Must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Applicants will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated interest in the promotion of the engineering profession to the general community.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Evidence of academic achievement.
- Potential contribution to the role of student ambassador.
- The successful candidate will be invited to act as a student ambassador for the WIE Sydney Committee to represent the female engineering student body for 1 year in 2019. Main responsibilities are to act as a liaison between WIE Sydney and the students and to assist the Outreach Coordinator with organisation of the Experience It! Student Conference in July 2019.
The scholarship will be awarded to the successful candidates at the Eminent Speaker Breakfast on 17 September at the International Convention Centre.
Applications close Friday 24 August 2018