Learn about William's internship experience and the career development skills he's gained in the professional work environment.
Name: William Hidajat
Location: Western Australia
Course & University: Mechanical Engineering, University of Western Australia
Where did you undertake your internship? Atteris Pty Ltd.
- What types of things were you involved with during your internship?
In the office
- What opportunities has your internship given you?
Started working as a student engineer and received a position as a graduate.
- What advantages has completing the internship given you?
Developing my engineering toolkit and have skill development within the subsea pipeline industry
- What was the biggest challenge you faced during your internship?
The biggest challenge was understanding being placed onto a project, and delivering a design for the client.
- What was the main thing that you learnt during your internship that you’ve since been able to apply to your professional life/studies?
Atteris has provided me with the development of my engineering tool kit, comprising of design work, developing engineering report writing, and communicating with co-workers and clients
- What are the ways Engineers Australia helped you throughout the internship process?
Being a student ambassador for UWA, I had been engaged with Engineers Australia for my Master's degree. I had the delight of meeting like-minded people and expanding my network. Working with Kym Spann and the Perth team has definitely shaped my professional toolkit. I also met Eric at Elevation 2021 which got me the internship.