Date: Friday 30 June 2023
Time: 10.30am - 2.30pm
Location: 480 Queen Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000
You're cordially invited to the Young Engineers Australia Queensland (YEAQ) Winter Ball on Friday, 30 June 2023.
We'll be returning to The Grove Rooftop, a breathtakingly, unique venue that overlooks the Story Bridge and Brisbane City.
We hope you dress to impress, while enjoying a variety of delectable canapes and a three-hour beverage package. We invite you to come network with emerging professionals from within the engineering industry and capture the memories with our professional photographer and photo booth.
We'll be hearing from Naureen Alam in honour of Internal Women in Engineering Day on Friday, 23 June 2023. Naureen is currently the Group Manager - Future Low Carbon Portfolio, AGL and start-up Founder - AGECEI.
- 7:30pm: Doors open
- 8:00pm: Doors close and Welcome address
- 8:00 pm: Welcome address
- 8:05pm: Keynote speaker
- 8:20pm: Lucky door prizes
- 8:25pm: Speeches conclude
- 10:30pm: Event concludes
- 10:30pm: After Party
- Networking skills: By attending the Winter Ball, attendees will have the opportunity to network with a diverse group of professionals in the engineering industry. They will learn how to initiate and maintain conversations, practice their communication skills.
- Industry insights: The event will provide attendees with valuable insights into the engineering industry, including emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices. Attendees will learn from an experienced professional about the challenges and opportunities within the field, and gain a deeper understanding of the industry's impact on society.
- Creativity and innovation: Attendees will be encouraged to think creatively and innovatively about the engineering industry. They will be exposed to new ideas, insights, and technologies that are shaping the future of engineering, and will be inspired to contribute their own unique perspectives.
About the speakers
Group Manager - Future Low Carbon Portfolio, AGL and start-up Founder - AGECEI
Naureen is an awarded change maker and energy leader. A Group Manager at AGL, she leads a team evaluating and developing emerging power generation and storage projects across Australia including hydrogen, solar thermal, alternative to lithium-ion batteries, thermal storage and offshore wind. She is the founder of AGECEI (pronounced “age-cee”), a social enterprise for advancing gender equality in the clean energy industry. As a chemical engineer, she started her career at ExxonMobil in offshore oil and gas and worked for many years at Origin Energy in CSG. Following a Masters in Sustainability Leadership at Cambridge University, she transitioned into sustainability advisory and is now developing renewables at AGL. In 2021, Naureen was awarded Women’s Agenda Emerging Leader in Technology, EnergyLab’s Women in Climate and Energy Fellowship and was named a finalist for Engineers Australia 2020 Young Engineer of the Year.
Car parking is available through Secure-a-spot parking.
Week day rates:
Enter between 4.00-12.00am
Exit between: 4.00pm-6.00am the next day
View last years event photographers