Engineers Australia's calendar of activity for young engineers contains two pieces of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) content each month created to support, develop and grow early career engineers. The calendar is made up of three series: the YEA CPD Series, YEA Tech Talk Series and the YEA Collaboration Series.
YEA CPD Series
The Young Engineers CPD series has been put together exclusively by young engineers for young engineers and is designed to support you on your career journey into the professional world.
The series aims to provide educational content that bridges the gap between what you learn at university and what you need to know in the workplace by delivering learning opportunities that you can practically apply on the job.
YEA Tech Talk Series
The Young Engineers Tech Talk Series will regularly profile technology platforms, programs and solutions, or topics of a technical nature, and will be pitched specifically at early career engineers.
YEA Collaboration Series
The YEA Collaboration Series has been created to provide young engineers with insights into how they can effectively interact with other professions within the scope of their day-to-day roles.
It is designed to provide practical tips, reference points and takeaways that can be used to help facilitate more constructive communication and interaction.
Record your CPD
Keeping an online record of your CPD just got easier. Engineers Australia has upgraded its online CPD recording platform to simplify how you keep your logs up-to-date and ready for your next audit.
Click here to find more about how to access the upgraded CPD recording platform.
How to record your CPD: Login to your EA portal account to record your CPD. Go to the MyEA tile or tab and select Record CPD.
Watch all the previous YEA CPD webinars on EA OnDemand!
- YEA CPD Series
- YEA Tech Talk Series
Electrification, connectivity and AI: How can you be a part of today's megatrends?
- YEA Collaboration Series
YEA Video Snippet Series
These are short videos (5 to 10 minutes) available exclusively on EA OnDemand, and have been designed as additional learning opportunities that will complement the topics covered in the YEA CPD series.
- Finance Snippet Series
Presented by Jeremy Khoh CA, Power of Zero Coaching
- Presentation Skills Snippet Series
Presented by Chris Huet, Communications Coach and Director, Understood Consulting Services
- Increasing confidence when presenting
- Engaging the audience for increased understanding and memorability
- How to present with a strong, clear and authoritative voice
- How to use body language to reinforce your message
- Presenting online with clarity and engagement
- Using presentation slides to enhance understandability and audience interest
- Managing energy levels in the audience
- Managing question and answer sessions
- How to effectively include audience interaction in presentations
- Creating powerful endings and calls to action
Presented by Nigel Sutton, NDS Productions
Difficult conversations role play scenarios:
1. Your manager has unrealistic expectations of you. They want you to manage a project beyond your experience. They want the project delivered in an unrealistic time frame. You call a meeting with them to discuss.
2. Your manager has a casual attitude. Not well organised. Over talks in meetings with irrelevant information. The current project is falling behind. You need your manager to be better organised. You call a meeting with them to discuss